- Youth Leader campout - huge highlight
- Girls’ lock-ins at the church...especially playing sardines and Twister
- Lots of conversation and time spent 1-1 with kids over the years. I have always been a people person, really wanting to get to know people. I think it is precious when a student shares their life with an adult...it is pretty cool.
- Small group 12 hours of Christmas! We made and decorated cookies, the cats licked some of them, and we took them to Derek’s!
- Discipleship group this year
- watching the youth band grow into worship leaders
- Revelation 3:19-20 (NIV) Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. God doesn’t allow us to become idle in our lives. I have had many times when I get comfortable with where I am, to the point that I can take care of me and tend to put God on the backburner. Thankfully God doesn’t allow me to stay in that place too long before he shakes things up. I have dreamed of coaching at the highschool level for a long time, but got comfortable that I would simply coach at the elementary and be involved in youth group forever. God has different plans and he has opened new doors while closing others. Don’t think that God doesn’t hear the quiet, unspoken desires of your heart. He really truly knows you better than you know yourself. Since the realization of going back into the classroom and the fact that I am now a highschool basketball coach, God has lavished so much love upon me.
John 10:10 (NIV) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; Satan wants nothing more than for us to fail. At the same time that God has been building me up, Satan has blasted me with lots of lies of inadequacy and fears that maybe God picked the wrong person for these positions. Satan is a thief and a liar who comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He tries to take good things and twist them to his advantage, wanting us to give up. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full
Stay connected to Jesus and other believers! John 15:5-8 (NIV) I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. If we do not stay connected to Christ, and other believers we cannot continue to make Christlike decisions. God’s word is alive and active. Being connected is life-giving!