Monday, May 01, 2006

Hungry

I sang in the worship band at church yesterday. It was great as always, but God totally kicked me square in the hind parts during one particular song. What I am about to share is totally from the Lord and it was an amazing experience (once I quit arguing with him) to share this at church yesterday.

I was singing the song Hungry. The chorus goes like this: "I'm falling on my knees, offering all of me. Jesus, you're all this heart is longing for." The Lord totally spoke straight to my heart about Mary Magdelene washing the feet of Jesus with expensive perfume and wiping his feet with her hair.

"Then Mary to about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feeet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume." John 12:3

I kept hearing God telling me to share this, but in my stubborness I ignored him. It got to the point that I could barely focus on the words I was singing - this is a song I have led countless times too! We came to an instrumental break and I picked up some shakers to play. Well, in the most audible voice I heard, "Do not ignore me right now!" I listened. I picked up my Bible and told my friend, Tomir, to keep playing. I had a scripture to share.

I searched for the scripture, not knowing exactly where it was, and finally found it. What happened next was totally the Holy Spirit speaking through me. I know this only because it spoke directly to my heart and that just doesn't happen on a person's own account. This is what I learned through the scripture:

We NEED to bring everything to the feet of Jesus. We need to bring our most prized posessions and pour them on the feet of Jesus, regardless of what everyone else will think of us. Jesus deserves our everything. We need to touch him with our tangled messes. More than anything, we need to humble ourselves before the Lord every day, and understand that we are not capable of being in charge.

I leave you with this thought. Will you put yourself at the feet of Jesus? Are you willing to give him the good, bad, and ugly? Will you let him have all of you?

In Christ, Dina

1 comment:

darcy said...

Oooo.. when you told me about this experience, D, I had chills. =) What a good reminder to give IT ALL.. I so easily take my burdens on my own.. even after I've promised to let God have them. Thanks for sharing this with blog world.. I love you.