Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Beauty

Have you ever sat back and been in awe of God? I mean, really been in awe?


This happened to me today. We have been completely blasted with snow over the past 2 days. Unofficial reports say that Syracuse got 8.5-10 inches of snow! That is a lot of snow! I looked out my bathroom window this morning and I couldn't even see the driveway. It was unreal. School had gotten cancelled, so I went back to bed.


Backing up . . . yesterday I was home all day as was my roomie. Once we both found out we didn't have to work today she looked at me and said, "Guess what we should do tomorrow since we don't have to work?" I replied, "Uh, shovel the driveway." Jenn said, "Oh, that too. But I was thinking that we should play in the snow."


So, that is just what we did today! It was wonderful and not really too cold. The wonderful Amos (Jenn's bro-in-law) snowblowed our driveway. Jenn and I shoveled the sidewalk and porch. Then the fun began. We made snow angels, threw snow balls, and Jenn attempted to snowboard in the yard (with no success). She got stuck. I hauled her and board over my shoulder and carried them up the driveway. She boarded down the driveway (twice) and I hauled her up. Then we went for a walk down our street.


The snow was AMAZING! I found myself wondering once again if that snow was dropped just to remind me of the BIG God that I serve. I thought of Chris Tomlin's song, Indescribable. The lyrics say, "Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go? Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow?" That is one big God!


I have been down in the dumps alot lately - in my spiritual walk. I feel disconected, uncertain, and lonely. Reading my Bible has not been a high priority, just enough to keep up with the reading that I am doing for Bible study. I haven't felt or seen God's beauty in much of anything.


Thank you Jesus for the snow. Thank you for snowing me in with a great roomie. Thanks for the break to be a lazy bum at home yesterday and enjoy the beautiful roomie that you have blessed me with. Thank you for the snow. Thank you for the moments today to see how BIG you really are. Thank you more than anything for always making yourself known in my life. You are truly a beautiful God.


Here are some snow pictures:1. Jenn snowboarding. 2. the beginning of a snow angel. 3. snow angel. 4. snow friends

3 comments:

jenn said...

hola roomie! i had such an amazing time with you today! can't wait to blog about it too. so glad that God blessed me with your friendship and the beautiful snow to play in! God is amazing and He is in every moment! He is holding you Dina, even during those times where you feel distant. love ya oodles and oodles!!! m.e.

darcy said...

THAT'S what the lyrics say! I always thought they said, "Heavenly store-houses" ANd then I thought to myself, "Self, what in sam-hill is a store-house?" The confusion is over, D.. thank you!

Love that you had some time off doing fun stuff. =) LOVE YOU!!

Jess said...

Wow, what an amazing way to describe the power of God! I just love reading your blogs...when you have updates :) Yeah, I think Amos is wonderful too :):):) I am so glad that you had such a fun time off. And I know that God is walking with you every day of your life :) Love you gobs!