Thursday, June 07, 2007

Being Silly

Those of you that know me know that I love to live life. I have been accused of being silly (I don't know why!). I have been thinking about this lately and I have come to realize how incredibly true it is. I love being silly. I love laughing and having fun in all that I do. Of course there are times in my life that aren't silly. However, more often than not, I am being silly.



I have realized that some of my readers may not know this about me. My life allows me to be silly and be a kid. In the words of my dear friend Kim, "I don't plan on ever growing up!" I taught 4th grade this year (moving up to 5th next year). My kids informed me, countless times, that I am crazy or that I make them laugh. I work with Jr/Sr High youth kids and I have been known to do some crazy/silly things with them (those stories don't all need to be shared). I love to make people laugh - it usually makes me laugh. Oh, and I recently joined "The Dixie Clucks" - a fun little skit that I do with some other teachers at school functions.



The best part of being silly is that I keep myself young. I am sure there are people in my life who think that I am immature or stupid, but I don't care. I am professional and serious when I need to be. But, God created me in his image and I like to think that HE did a great job. It has taken me time to get to this point in my life, but that is who MY CREATOR wanted me to be.



So, don't grow up too fast. Stay young at heart, it makes life much more exciting and enjoyable. I leave you with this scripture: 1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an examply for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

3 comments:

Jess said...

great post dina head! you are silly but that makes you so special! you have a lot of great characteristics...love ya tons!

Angela said...

I have always loved everything about you--especially your wonderful ability to enjoy life and be "silly"!! :)

jenn said...

you are the silly girl that makes me smile! and i wouldn't change that wonderful personality of yours for anything. love ya and miss ya. see you soon...m.e.