Monday, March 03, 2008

Waiting

My phone's banner says "Wait on Jesus". Why do I need this constant reminder? I guess its because I am a gung-ho kind of person. When I want something, I go after it and I don't always wait for God's timing. Inevitably things don't work out so well.

So, I put a reminder on my phone, "Wait on Jesus," because I see that reminder at least 15 times a day (I've seen it 3 times already today). I know there are things happening in my life right now that could fall apart if I don't do just that . . . Wait on Jesus. There are opportunities, doors that are cracked open, and I want to push through them but I can't. I need to Wait on Jesus.

Knowing in my heart that I need to wait on him, I looked to my Bible for some encouragement. Here is what I found:

Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord: be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."

Isaiah 30:18 "For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait on him."

Acts 1:4 [Jesus commands] "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised."

1Thessalonians 1:10 "...and wait for his Son from heaven - Jesus who rescues us from the coming wrath."

Romans 8:19 "The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed."

You know what I've learned? It is good to wait! It is hard to wait. Psalm 130:5 says while we wait we need to put our hope in HIS word. Seek God out . . . maybe that's why he wants you and me to wait. Romans 8:19 says we wait eagerly. If I am constantly jumping into things, the excitement can't build. I don't give God time to prepare me for what lies ahead. You can't jump into a battle or a game without preparing for it! When we get pumped up and train, we are SO much more driven.

I guess waiting on Jesus is hard, but it is SO worth it. Where is God saying in your life, Wait on Jesus?

7 comments:

jenn said...

first, yea for the amazing post!!! very well put and it was definitely worth the wait! secondly, how needed is this message in my life and i am sure in others. thanks so much for sharing dina. i'm going to have to look at this post many times to remind myself :). love ya lots...m.e.

Mrs. Johnson said...

I had somewhat of a rough year last year. I was looking for a teaching job and feeling anxious. I applied for around 70 jobs and didn't get one. I ended up subbing this fall, which hasn't been great fun but I have learned a lot. I believe that waiting Him denotes that I trust Him. God has always taken care of me getting a job. When I am believing for a job, almost always someone calls me up or finds me and offers me one. After looking and looking, I gave it to God. I now have a job for next year and in the meantime I have gotten two long term sub positions. It pays to wait on Him!

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

You said it sister! I so needed to hear/read this today!! You're such a blessing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

Unknown said...

Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."

This is exactly what I needed to read today. You rock Dina. You are wise beyond your years and such a woman of God.

thank you.

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

Deener! Waiting is hard to understand...been there, done that, still doing it. I hope you are doing well. I admire your faith.