Thursday, August 11, 2011

a little of this and a little of that

Did you think I was done blogging forever? I won't lie, the thought crossed my mind. Sometimes I just don't think my blog is doing anything for His kingdom and wonder why I keep blogging. I feel somewhat narcissistic....

Anywho I've had about a dozen people ask me in the past week if I was going to blog again, so I guess that is a sign. Then comes the do I try to catch up or just pick up right now with life......? I'm opting for choice #2.

This summer has been a fun, busy, crazy summer as always. I started grad school, worked at Sock's Marina, spent time with friends, and took an amazing road trip.

Grad school was kind of last-minute due to some decisions at the state level about salary ...blah, blah, blah. I enjoy being a student and was intending on starting Masters work this fall, so I got a little jump start. If all goes as planned I will have my Masters of ElEd and a license for High Ability Ed by Christmas 2012! I'm pretty much kissing my life goodbye, but want to get things done.

My road trip was AWESOME!!!! I was gone for 2 1/2 weeks. Mom and I met up with my Aunt Pam (from FL) at my grandparent's in Arkansas. From there Mom, Aunt Pam, Gma, and I drove to California for my cousin, Katie's, wedding. We drove about 8000 miles and spent 100 hours driving. States that I traveled include: Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and Kansas. I saw some pretty beautiful places, spent time with family that I don't see too often, and had an all-around wonderful time. It was much needed :) I added some pics from the summer too:

Katie and I at her wedding


Mom and I in San Francisco

Lighthouse in Lake Havasu, AZ


Driving through Utah


Lake Tahoe


2 comments:

Jess said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!! God sure does make great things!! :) Love you :)

ccoy13 said...

I'm glad you decided to continue the whole blogging thing, because I picked up on my own! :D Do you have more pictures on your facebook?