Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sunshine Award

My good friend and colleague, Ruth, sent me an email this week.  It was a challenge to blog again.  And she posted that challenge here , http://www.ruthayreswrites.com/2014/01/a-bit-of-sunshine.html. I realized at that moment that I haven't blogged for a long time, maybe the longest I've gone without blogging ever.

I know EXACTLY why I haven't blogged.
It has nothing to do with time.
It has nothing to do with wanting to write.
It has nothing to do with work or life...

It has EVERYTHING to do with silence.

I am coming out of a very quiet season in my life.  I have walked through some pretty intense personal things in my relationship with The Lord.  As I journeyed I felt led in a quiet way.  A way that made quiet comforting.  A way that was encouraging to not have to be the "usual" Dina.  But it was still very much Dina.  A way that made it okay to not talk or share or have answers or feel the need to talk for the sake of talking

I am grateful for this season.  I am grateful for a God who  "leads me beside quiet  waters" and "restores my soul."  It has been long.  It has been hard. It has been good!

1 comment:

kimmy said...

I'm excited to see what you have to say. I have observed you in this season and you have described it well. You have a great way with words.
Love you,
Kimmy