Sunday, April 11, 2010

"joy in all circumstances"...yeah right!

Do you ever read something in the Word and think, "yeah right! if you only knew what was happening....."?

I just finished going through Philippians with the youth in Sunday school this morning. If you've never read Philippians, YOU SHOULD! Right now, just pick up your Bible and read it. It's only 4 chapters. But those 4 chapters might make you think "yeah right!"

Philippians 4:4 slapped me right across the face this morning. It says, "Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!" The slap was followed with a "yeah right" in my brain. Both might have caused some much needed damage to my though process.

I have a lot going on right now. Praise God I was able to "vacate" my life for a few days and go to Vermont to see a friend. It was wonderful, but my life was right here waiting for me when I got back (imagine that). Then I read that verse this morning and just about screamed.

"Um, God.....HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND JOY IN ALL THESE UNCERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES THAT SEEM TO BE FLOODING MY LIFE RIGHT NOW?!"

Well, after an hour in the back yard with Linus and Jesus I think I know. My joy comes in knowing that this world is not the end for me. My joy comes in knowing that there is someone paving the way for every step that I take. My joy comes in knowing that there is absolute truth. My joy comes in knowing that despite what today my hold, Christ is going to win in the end.

There are times, seasons where I feel like God is absent. But he is not. He promises to never leave me or forsake me. He has my very best in HIS plan. There is lots of joy in that!

No comments: