Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I miss my kiddos

I have a student teacher right now.
He is GREAT!  He is in his 7th week (out of 8).  He has really grown and learned and found his place in the classroom.
The past week I have been out of my classroom (minus proctoring ISTEP). 

I miss my kiddos.

Today, I got to cover the class for a bit while my student teacher met with his college supervisor.  It was a little slice of heaven.  We didn't do anything extraordinary.  At least, not for the kids.  They had some work time.

For me, it was glorious.  I found myself missing the conversations, joking, learning, and love that happens in my classroom. 

I am glad that Mr. Adams is doing so well.

But...I miss my kiddos.

WRITE your slice. SHARE your link. GIVE some comment-goodness to three other slicers.

3 comments:

Amy Rudd said...

I know how that is when you have student teachers...how soon will you get them back? Are you already transition some subjects back?

Deb Gaby said...

Does that mean you will have them for a few days before Spring Break? Even though they have had a wonderful experience with your student teacher, I'm sure they miss you too! Remember this feeling on those frustrating days. : )

Dina said...

This was a different type of experience. The college is doing a co-teaching model, so I have been in and out more than the standard student teacher experience. I will take a few things back, but not too much as it took a while for him to have everything!

Deb...thanks for your thought. I do remember this feeling on those tough days :)